- Pressemitteilung BoxID 223190
IMS Health Launches Institute for Healthcare Informatics
Catalyst for Driving Transformational Insights and Accelerating Healthcare Innovation Worldwide
The IMS Institute's focus areas of research are:
- The use of information by healthcare stakeholders globally to improve health outcomes, reduce costs and increase access to available treatments.
- The performance of medical care through a better understanding of disease causes, treatment consequences and measures to improve quality and cost of healthcare delivered to patients.
- The future global role for biopharmaceuticals, the dynamics that shape the market and implications for manufacturers, public and private payers, providers, patients, pharmacists and distributors.
- The role of innovation in health system products, processes and delivery systems, and the business and policy systems that drive innovation.
- The advancement of healthcare agendas in developing nations based on information and analysis.
"The transformation of healthcare systems to better serve the needs of patients worldwide can be energized through a tighter linkage between information and decisions," said Murray Aitken, who heads the IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics. "Through the Institute, we have a tremendous opportunity to ensure that the best available information - including IMS's unparalleled data and analytical assets - is applied to myriad issues that impact healthcare in every country around the world."
The output of the IMS Institute will be a combination of published reports and research papers, as well as proprietary research. The first report, HealthIQ - The Frontiers of Healthcare Advancement, released today, features recently published research supported by IMS. It presents an updated assessment of patterns and effects in the diffusion of innovation; an overview of evolving techniques and approaches in comparative effectiveness research; a review of the impact of regulatory advisories and guidelines on clinical practice; and a summary of insights from a decade of medication adherence research.
The IMS Institute will incorporate the company's existing Health Services Research Network - a consortium of academic researchers in medicine, health economics and public health that applies evidence-based information to address key healthcare issues. In addition, the Institute will have a specific focus on China, where a team will collaborate with government agencies and institutions to enhance the role of information in policymaking and healthcare improvement.
About the IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics
The IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics provides key policy setters and decision makers in the global health sector with unique and transformational insights into healthcare dynamics derived from granular analysis of information. It is a research-driven entity with a worldwide reach that collaborates with external healthcare experts from across academia and the public and private sectors to objectively apply IMS's proprietary global information and analytical assets. More information about the IMS Institute can be found at: http://www.theimsinstitute.org.
IMS Health is the leading provider of information services for the healthcare industry around the world. The company draws on its global technology infrastructure and unique combination of in-depth, sophisticated analytics, on-shore and off-shore commercial services, and consulting platforms to help clients better understand the performance and value of medicines. With a presence in 100+ countries and more than 55 years of industry experience, IMS Health serves leading decision makers in healthcare, including pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors, providers, payers, government agencies, policymakers, researchers and the financial community. Additional information is available at http://www.imshealth.com.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 26.06.2018 - Biosimilar-Versorgungsanteile im ersten Quartal 2018 variieren stark zwischen Substanzgruppen
- 06.06.2018 - Mitarbeiter-Spenden von IQVIA Commercial für Kindernothilfe und Elterninitiative Station Regenbogen
- 15.05.2018 - Diagnose Depression: längere Ausfälle wegen Arbeitsunfähigkeit bei höherem Patientenalter und Problemen am Arbeitsplatz