- Combo Life amongst “Best Buy Cars of Europe” according to jury
- Convincing qualities: New Opel leisure activity vehicle impresses with spaciousness, leading technologies and flexibility
- Success story: Opel multiple award winner in prestigious international competition
The 5th generation of the Combo is based on an all-new architecture, offers plenty of space, is highly versatile and practical, comes with either one or two sliding rear doors and is optionally available as a standard (4.4 metres) or XL version (4.75 metres) both with either five or seven seats and robust, Opel-typical design. Full of character, a real space wonder and a true friend that not only families will love. The new Opel Combo Life offers a feel-good atmosphere with an unrivalled number of ultra-modern technologies for this segment. It also offers the possibilities to fit three child seats next to each other in the second row with each seating position boasting its Isofix child seat bracket as standard. Add to this the sheer endless array of storage possibilities, the Opel-typical modern Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible infotainment systems and the portfolio of lively and frugal petrol and diesel engines with outputs ranging from 56 kW/76 hp to 96 kW/130 hp (fuel consumption: urban 6.9-4.5 l/100 km, extra-urban 5.2-3.8 l/100 km, combined 5.8-4.1 l/100 km, 133-108 g/km CO2) that already meet the Euro 6d-TEMP emissions standard and you have a true winning combination.
Opel’s latest contender, the Combo Life, is following and hoping to extend a good Opel tradition. The Rüsselsheim-based carmaker has celebrated multiple honours in various categories of the prestigious AUTOBEST awards in recent years:
- In 2007 and 2015, the Opel Corsa won the AUTOBEST award, enabling both generations of the small car all-rounder to carry the title of “Best Buy Car of Europe”.
- In 2009, the first generation Opel Insignia wowed the jury with its styling and took the DESIGNBEST award.
- Elsewhere, the Opel Ampera and the Opel Ampera-e demonstrated environmentally friendly mobility with both winning the ECOBEST award in 2011 and 2016 respectively.
- Furthermore, the current Opel Astra generation won the 2015 SAFETYBEST award for its trendsetting IntelliLux LED® matrix headlights.
- And as the Opel credo “Sculptural artistry meets German precision” is valid for both the models as well as the entire company according to the jury, Opel was presented with the COMPANYBEST award in 2016.