Port America's Cup Muelle de la Aduana
46024 Valencia, es
Daphne Morgan Barnicoat
33rd America's Cup teams reach consensus on rules governing the event at a Competitor Meeting in Geneva
Ten of the 12 entered challengers present at the meeting, along with the Defender Alinghi, expressed a unanimous will to work together constructively towards a class rule and regulations that satisfy all entered competitors.
Amongst other topics, it was agreed that:
- The Arbitration Panel be expanded to five members, with the two additional members being appointed by all the entered competitors through a democratic process
- The Race Committee has been agreed by all the entered competitors
- Other America's Cup Race Officials, the Technical Director and Umpires will be selected following a similar process amongst ISAF officials
- Two pre-regattas will be organised in 2009 before the 33rd America's Cup in 2010
All participants at today's meeting expressed their satisfaction with the process and their confidence in ongoing plans progressing towards a 33rd America's Cup. They also urged BMW Oracle Racing once again to drop their lawsuit and enter this process.The next Competitor Meeting is scheduled for December.
The entered teams present at today's Competitor Meeting were:
- Alinghi, Société Nautique de Genève, Switzerland - Defender of the 33rd America's Cup
- Desafío Español, Club Náutico Español de Vela, Spain - Challenger of Record
- Shosholoza, Royal Cape Yacht Club, South Africa
- TeamOrigin, Royal Thames Yacht Club, United Kingdom
- Emirates Team New Zealand, Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron, New Zealand
- Green Comm, Challenge Circolo di Vela Gargano, Italy
- Ayre, Real Club Náutico de Dénia, Spain
- Victory Challenge, Gamla Stans Yacht Sällskap, Sweden
- Argo Challenge, Club Náutico di Gaeta, Italy
- French Spirit, Yacht Club de St Tropez, France
- Carbon Challenge
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.