- Pressemitteilung BoxID 135872
Danisco CEO to environment leaders: act now to push industry on climate change
"The climate crisis also brings great opportunity - now is the time to act. Technologies to mitigate industrial climate impacts are available today, with advanced breakthroughs on the horizon. Yet, to fully tap this vast potential, industry needs clear political objectives and legislative mandates to adapt their business strategies and further drive clean technologies, develop environmentally beneficial products and increase their operational efficiencies," says Tom Knutzen.
Tom Knutzen says, whether or not a clear agreement is forged in Copenhagen, industry is prepared to significantly reduce carbon emissions and environmental impact. Industrial biotech already significantly reduces industrial carbon emissions, and has the potential to reduce carbon by up to 2.5 billion tonnes per year, in addition to the low-carbon potential of biofuels, according to a recent World Wide Fund report.
Danisco is on the forefront of biobased technologies for industry, fuel and food, several of which it will showcase throughout COP15.
- This week Danisco and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company launched the world's first tire made from BioIsoprene?, which applies renewable resources instead of a petrochemical to synthetic rubber.
- Danisco's 50/50 joint venture, DuPont Danisco Cellulosic Ethanol LLC (DDCE) creates integrated technology packages for converting agricultural waste and bioenergy crops into fuel ethanol. Danisco also supplies enzymes to leading players in advanced biofuels, including the Dong/Inbicon plant in Kalundborg, Denmark.
- Danisco has established a collaboration with Huntsman Textile Effects to dramatically lower energy consumption in textile bleaching.
- On December 17, Danisco will participate in a biotechnology industry event that brings together government and industry leaders to discuss how industrial biotech can contribute to the global climate change solution. Knutzen will be a keynote speaker at the event.
Über Danisco Deutschland GmbH
With a rich and innovative portfolio, Danisco is a world leader in food ingredients, enzymes and bio-based solutions. Using nature's own materials, science and the knowledge of our 7,000 people, we design and deliver bio-based ingredients that meet market demand for healthier and safer products. Danisco's ingredients are used globally in a wide range of industries - from bakery, dairy and beverages to animal feed, laundry detergents and bioethanol - offering functional, economic and environmental benefits. Headquartered in Denmark and operating from more than 80 locations, Danisco's key focus is to become our customers' First choice and a truly market-driven global business. Find out more at www.danisco.com
Diese Pressemitteilungen könnten Sie auch interessieren
Die Beerenaromen des Castell Miquel Stairway to Heaven des Jahres 2011 www.goo.gl/fWnf6N wiegen nachdrücklich und werden von einer Edelholznote...
Nach fünf Jahren Reifezeit in den Weinkellern der Champagne de Castelnau besitzt der Champagne de Castelnau Brut Reserve www.goo.gl/1M8QpI eine...