- Pressemitteilung BoxID 135312
BEITEN BURKHARDT Advises WAZ Media Group on Establishing Sales Alliance with Hubert Burda Media Group and MZV
In the course of the project, Burda will acquire an interest in the distributor MZV, equal to the interest WAZ Media Group acquired some years ago, while MZV will continue to be managed by its founder and managing shareholder Mr Michael Imhoff. Consolidating the sales business of WAZ Media Group, MZV and Burda Medien Vertrieb (BMV), gives rise to a press distributor operating at a national and international level with market sales of more than EUR 500m and a market share in Germany of 20 percent. The new company will rank second in the German press distribution market, after Axel Springer Verlag, in terms of market sales and profitability. The new partners currently publish or distribute 37 of the 100 most successful magazines put up for retail sale on the German market.
The contracting partners have kept confidential the terms of the consolidation, which is still subject to clearance by the Federal Cartel Office.
WAZ Media Group, headquartered in Essen, is one of the most important European media companies with around 18,000 employees. Its print media comprises 32 daily and 18 weekly newspapers, 176 popular magazines and trade journals, 107 advertising journals and 400 customer magazines. It has majority shareholdings in radio and television networks and 16 printing houses, in Germany and abroad.
BEITEN BURKHARDT has legally advised WAZ Media Group for many years on numerous projects.
Advisors WAZ Mediengruppe:
BEITEN BURKHARDT: Dr. Thomas Sacher, Volker Germann; Associates: Dr. Daniel Kaut, Dr. Steffen Schniepp (all Nuremberg, all M&A).
AULINGER Rechtsanwälte: Dr. Andreas Lotze (proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office).
Inhouse (Essen): Dr. Axel Kroll (Head of Legal Department).
Advisors Hubert Burda Media Group:
Rechtsanwalt Dr. Franz Erath
Law firm Prof. Schweizer: Dr. Max Kuhlmann, Tiemo Schwarz.
BEITEN BURKHARDT Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- Beiten Burkhardt is an independent international law firm.
- Beiten Burkhardt provides advice on all aspects of commercial law to medium-sized companies, large corporations, banks and various industry groups, as well as to the public sector.
- Along with its offices in Germany, Beiten Burkhardt has a strong international presence in Eastern Europe, China and Brussels. We also cooperate closely with other excellent law firms in key markets.
- Beiten Burkhardt renders legal services worldwide, with around 370 lawyers working in 13 offices: Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt am Main, Hong Kong, Kyiv, Moscow, Munich, Nuremberg, Shanghai, St. Petersburg and Warsaw.
For further information see www.beitenburkhardt.com
Diese Pressemitteilungen könnten Sie auch interessieren
In der Vergangenheit hatte ein öffentlich-rechtlicher Sender negativ über einen gemeinnützigen Verein berichtet und im Rahmen einer so genannten...
Etwa 2,8 Milliarden Pakete werden in Deutschland jedes Jahr verschickt. Die meisten in der Vorweihnachtszeit. Klar, dass es dabei schon mal zu...