- Recently tested, now already in the final: Grandland X amongst “Best Buy Cars of Europe” according to jury
- Convincing qualities: New Opel compact SUV impresses with design, leading technologies and functionality
- Success story: Opel multiple award winner in prestigious international competition
The new Opel Grandland X excels in many areas: Modern, athletic lines, cool off-road look along with typical SUV qualities such as elevated seating position and good all round visibility. Furthermore, the adventurous newcomer comes with numerous leading technologies such as IntelliGrip electronic traction control along with plenty of space and comfort for up to five passengers. All this is offered at an attractive price-performance ratio and has helped the new challenger in the SUV segment qualify for the AUTOBEST 2018 final. The decisive evaluation will take place during numerous test drives along with further assessments on the test track in Vairano (Italy). The winner – the “Best Buy Car of Europe” – will be announced in mid-December.
Opel’s latest contender, the Grandland X, is following a good Opel tradition. The Rüsselsheim-based carmaker has celebrated multiple honours in various categories of the prestigious AUTOBEST awards in recent years:
- In 2007 and 2015, the Opel Corsa won the AUTOBEST award, enabling both generations of the small car all-rounder to carry the title of “Best Buy Car of Europe”.
- In 2009, the first generation Opel Insignia wowed the jury with its styling and took the DESIGNBEST award.
- Elsewhere, the Opel Ampera and the Opel Ampera-e demonstrated environmentally friendly mobility with both winning the ECOBEST award in 2011 and 2016 respectively.
- Furthermore, the current Opel Astra generation won the 2015 SAFETYBEST award for its trendsetting IntelliLux LED® matrix headlights.
- And as the Opel credo “Sculptural artistry meets German precision” is valid for both the models as well as the entire company according to the jury, Opel was presented with the COMPANYBEST award in 2016.