- Pressemitteilung BoxID 158318
Euro Area Investment Fund Statistics February 2010
The amount outstanding of shares/units issued by euro area investment funds other than money market funds increased to EUR 5,051 billion in February 2010, from EUR 4,993 billion in January 20101. Over the same period, the amount outstanding of shares/units issued by euro area money market funds decreased to EUR 1,202 billion from EUR 1,215 billion.
The transactions in shares/units issued by euro area investment funds other than money market funds amounted to EUR 22 billion in February 2010, while the transactions in shares/units issued by money market funds amounted to EUR -17 billion.
The annual growth rate of shares/units issued by euro area investment funds other than money market funds, calculated on the basis of transactions, was 10.5% in February 2010. For the same period, the annual growth rate of shares/units issued by euro area money market funds was -7.8%.
In terms of the breakdown by investment policy, the annual growth rate of shares/units issued by bond funds was 13.7% in February 2010. The transactions in shares/units issued by bond funds amounted to EUR 14 billion in February 2010. The respective annual growth rate and transactions of equity funds were 15.9% and EUR 4 billion. For mixed funds the corresponding figures were 3.8% and EUR 3 billion.
- Money market funds are presented separately in this press release since they are classified in the Monetary Financial Institutions sector within the European statistical framework, while other types of investment fund are classified in the Other Financial Intermediaries sector.
- In addition to the data for the reference month, this press release incorporates revisions to the data for previous periods.
- The latest data on investment funds can be downloaded from the ECB's Statistical Data Warehouse (http://sdw.ecb.europa.eu/browse.do?node=17066 and http://sdw.ecb.europa.eu/browse.do?node=8257806). More details on the latest investment fund data, together with explanatory notes, are available in the "Statistics" section of the ECB's website under "Euro area investment fund statistics" (http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/money/funds/html/index.en.html) and "The balance sheets of monetary financial institutions" (http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/money/aggregates/bsheets/html/index.en.html).
- Data refer to the changing composition of the euro area, i.e. they relate to those EU Member States that had adopted the euro at the time covered by the statistics.
- The publication of euro area investment fund statistics referring to March 2010, April 2010 and May 2010 is scheduled to take place at 10 a.m. on 25 May 2010, 23 June 2010 and 20 July 2010 respectively.
Diese Pressemitteilungen könnten Sie auch interessieren
Die internationale Rating-Agentur S&P Global Ratings (kurz „S&P“) hat am 19. November die Rating-Ergebnisse der Kerngesellschaften des Gothaer...
Die Welt des Geldes und der Zinsen steht seit längerem Kopf. Mit den Zinssätzen der meisten Tagesgeldkonten – geringer als die Inflationsrate...
Die Währungsbehörde in Singapur (MAS) erklärte im August 2017, dass die Ausgabe digitaler Token in Singapur nunmehr durch die MAS reguliert wird,...